CA Service Management

• 1.  CI Creation Issue with Name

Posted Apr 11, 2017 11:23 PM
      |   view attached

I've noticed that when creating a CI when entering the name the application has issues with a \x contained anywhere within the name.  If I create two new CI's, one called simon\xtserver and the other simon\Xtserver1 the first one is not viewable as a CI within the application.  It has something to do with the \x.  Anyone know why this is the case and why \X works.

I've attached a screen shot showing the difference in what's returned once created and then selected for viewing.

• 2.  Re: CI Creation Issue with Name

Posted Apr 11, 2017 11:55 PM

Hi gizmo1969

I don't think that should be the problem here as I was able to create the CI with name simon\xtserver.

Let us know what is SDM version and current patch level you are running on.

Thanks

Junaid

• 3.  Re: CI Creation Issue with Name

Posted Apr 12, 2017 12:01 AM

It happens on both 12.6 CP3 and 14.1 CP3, if I try to create a CI such as simon\xtserver it just won't have it....

I have found this info http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2547349/what-does-x-mean-in-c-c, but does it apply in this case?

• 4.  Re: CI Creation Issue with Name

Posted Apr 12, 2017 12:26 AM

Hi gizmo1969

You are right that  simon\xtserver1 doesn't work as a CI name,but this is only observed in the multi-tenant environment.

I don't know why exactly this is not accepting in tenant environment whereas in non-tenant it is accepting.

Will research further why exactly this problem is occurring.

However, can't you give  CI name as simon/xtserver1 instead of  simon\xtserver1 ?

Coming to the link you referred:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2547349/what-does-x-mean-in-c-c

I don't think this might apply in our case.

Thanks

Junaid

• 5.  Re: CI Creation Issue with Name

Posted Apr 12, 2017 12:29 AM

We've worked around it just by Capitalising the x.  simon\Xtserver1 does work.

• 6.  Re: CI Creation Issue with Name

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2017 12:42 AM

Hi Simon,

The problem can be reproduced on my test servers with r14.1 C2 and C3 too. 

Yes, the problem should be caused by a escape character, such as \x and \u. I have seen a similar behavior on another version of SDM r12.9 (TEC1473225: No Activity Log is displayed on specific tickets) and it was fixed by the r12.9 Cumulative #1 patch. I am not sure if the behavior you have encountered is a problem. However, it would be worth opening a new Support Case for it.

Thank you,

Kaori