Release Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

ROC - Get Deployment Property Value and ROC - Get Deployment Steps - User has no permission error?

• 1.  ROC - Get Deployment Property Value and ROC - Get Deployment Steps - User has no permission error?

Posted Apr 12, 2017 02:30 AM

Hi everyone,

we're using 6.3.0.9834 and this is the second time I'm seeing this behaviour, never happend before in almost 12000 deployments but now twice in two days.

so, in our predeployment phase we're getting deployment steps and properties and they get stuck with http error 403 - forbidden - user has no permission

can any one explain this?

the user has the following permissions:

- can view application

- can view design components

- can view execution components

- release template designer + implicit deployment plan designer

on the environments he is environment admin

I really don't get, which permission is still needed especially because it works/worked 99.9999% of the time

thanks,

Michael

• 2.  Re: ROC - Get Deployment Property Value and ROC - Get Deployment Steps - User has no permission error?

Posted Apr 12, 2017 03:23 AM

hm...so I missed a checkbox on the server group, but this didn't do anything before as well.

but after allowing access to the server group it worked. on the other hand it might be the case that this change just refreshed the permissions and that the user wasn't simply not known to the system before.

whatever, really weird behavior, so if anyone has some more input to it, please let me know.

• 3.  Re: ROC - Get Deployment Property Value and ROC - Get Deployment Steps - User has no permission error?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2017 08:57 AM

Hi Michael ,

Could it be that this is ldap user ?

If there is some problem with ldap connection at that moment this could fail the permission check

Regards

Dirk