Clarity

• 1.  How to set the "locale" setting (for date/time formatting) to a new default value system-wide for all users?

Posted Apr 12, 2017 11:17 AM

The default value for new users for the account setting "locale" is "English(US)", every user can change this value in his/her personal account settings.

As Administrator I can change the value in "Administration > Organization and Access > Resources > Properties" for each user separately.

Is there an option to mass-update all users to a new default "locale" setting?
    (a) in the Administration
    (b) with a database update (on which dataebase table/field)?

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  Re: How to set the "locale" setting (for date/time formatting) to a new default value system-wide for all users?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 12, 2017 11:35 AM

a) not sure about a 'system default', I think its hard coded in some java somewhere

b) cmn_sec_users.locale is the database table/column, values are 'en_GB' , 'en_US' and so on

• 3.  Re: How to set the "locale" setting (for date/time formatting) to a new default value system-wide for all users?

Posted Apr 12, 2017 12:25 PM

or use this example XOG to build a one off loader, or a maintenance process to keep it correct. 

i.e. loop this for each user to update (keep in mind batching options)

I've left some other useful parts in the XOG such as userTimezone and homeUrl

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_user.xsd">
        <Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="user" version="13.3.0.286"/>
        <Users>
            <User externalId=" " userLanguage="English" userLocale="en_GB" userName="user_name_here"
                userTimezone="Europe/London" >

<PersonalInformation emailAddress="email_address_here" firstName="first_name_here" lastName="last_name_here" homeUrl="url_to_set_here"/>
            </User>
        </Users>
    </NikuDataBus>

• 4.  Re: How to set the "locale" setting (for date/time formatting) to a new default value system-wide for all users?

Posted Apr 18, 2017 01:21 PM

Don't you edit i18n.xml any more?

• 5.  Re: How to set the "locale" setting (for date/time formatting) to a new default value system-wide for all users?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 03:20 AM

I cross-link this to idea "Default Time Zone - Configure in Administration" (2012)
    https://communities.ca.com/ideas/103045841

• 6.  Re: How to set the "locale" setting (for date/time formatting) to a new default value system-wide for all users?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 03:48 AM

urmas wrote:

Don't you edit i18n.xml any more?

Ahh that might do it

• 7.  Re: How to set the "locale" setting (for date/time formatting) to a new default value system-wide for all users?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 03:48 AM

Yes that would work for new user creation, though in this example the requester wants a mass reset. 

• 8.  Re: How to set the "locale" setting (for date/time formatting) to a new default value system-wide for all users?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 05:27 AM

OK, it was all users to new and not all new users.