CA Service Management

• 1.  Change field mapping from Create Change Order button on Incident

Posted Apr 12, 2017 06:47 PM

Hi community,

I've been looking for ways to change the fields mapped to a change order when an analyst uses the Create Change Order button on a Request/Incident/Problem.  This functionality seems to be different than the Create Problem button on an Incident.  That button has a form element on detail_in that you can modify, but not the Create Change Order button...

Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Change field mapping from Create Change Order button on Incident
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 12, 2017 09:52 PM

Hi Grant,

I'm sure you can use a 'frm003' to set any required attributes for the new chg, and use 'create_new', as is done to create a new I/R/P.  The challenge then is to get the new change id back into the originating CR.  My approach to that would be to add 'string6' or a similar attribute to 'frm003' and store the originating CR id there so it is saved in the CHG, then run an 'Initial' Activity Notification event from the CHG to update the CR after the CHG is saved.  I'm sure I've done that somewhere...

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: Change field mapping from Create Change Order button on Incident

Posted Apr 13, 2017 10:16 AM

Thank you James.

I also found cr::site_call_to_change_mapping function in chg_site.spl in the samples directory.  This has examples of how to change the data brought over from a CR.

I think I will still look into rebuilding this function using frm003, as there are a few bugs we've found with the Create Change Order button.  For example, if a user takes longer than the ExclLockSeconds value to Initially save the Change Order the Change order reference may not be saved to the Incident.