DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Implementing Database Probes in Cluster devices

Posted Apr 13, 2017 08:32 AM

Hi All,

How to configure database probes (oracle,mysql and mssql)where the server is in failover cluster  ,Whether cluster probe has a capability of switching probe towards the active node .

Thanks,

• 2.  Re: Implementing Database Probes in Cluster devices
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 13, 2017 08:40 AM

Hi Currently mysql probe is not supported by the cluster probe.

You can see the probes that are supported below:

cluster (Clustered Environment Monitoring) Release Notes - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies… 

The general concept for all probes in the same have you reviewed the documentation?

do you have a specify question or problem you are having?

cluster IM Configuration - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Implementing Database Probes in Cluster devices

Posted Apr 13, 2017 09:17 AM

Gene,

Assume that I have deployed oracle probe in active node  when the node 1 is down whether probe will move to node 2 and takes the monitor ,if means should I add any dependency anywhere .I could not test the function since i don't  have any test box.

• 4.  Re: Implementing Database Probes in Cluster devices

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 13, 2017 10:08 AM

Hi,

I am not sure what I can provide you if you do not have a lab to look at and reference.

The Cluster probe enables failover support for the probes in a clustered environment. The probe configurations that are saved in a resource group remain the same, even when that resource group moves to another cluster node. The probe sends alarms when a resource group or cluster node changes state. 

Please try reading through this section of the documentation as it has screen shots that might help explain the process to you.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/cluster-clustered-environment-monitoring/cluster-versions-3-3-3-1/v3-3-cluster-im-configuration/v3-3-cluster-im-gui-reference

But the short answer is if the cluster probe is setup correct when node 1 goes down the monitoring for the oracle probe will move t node 2 and continue.