CA Service Management

• 1.  Advise for USS on sdm HIgh availability

Posted Apr 17, 2017 06:20 AM

Hello Team

We are implementing SDM 14.1 with Advance Availability option with USS. As on this option, We have BG server, Standby and APplication server and a separate db server.SO DO we need to install USS on all three servers? What is recommended by CA?

Please Advise

• 2.  Re: Advise for USS on sdm HIgh availability

Posted Apr 17, 2017 07:56 AM

Hi Amir,

Generally we recommend installing USS on its own server as it can use a lot of resources depending on its usage by the user base.  If you will have a lot of users accessing USS, then you may want to use what we call "USS Clustering" along with a load balancer.  Information about this can be found in the documentation here: How to Set up the Cluster Environment for Unified Self-Service - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Document… 

Hope this helps explain a bit.

Regards,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Advise for USS on sdm HIgh availability

Posted Apr 17, 2017 08:40 AM

Hi JON 

THanks for your advise

So it is advisable that we  install USS on a separate server . and after the uss installation we need to integrate it with application server not BG server.. AM i right?? Like in below screenshot, we need to pur application server details? Also advise how can we get certificate as i see certificate option to upload...

THanks

• 4.  Re: Advise for USS on sdm HIgh availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2017 09:09 AM

That is correct Aamir.   Its the SDM APP server information that you need to provide here

_R

• 5.  Re: Advise for USS on sdm HIgh availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2017 07:13 PM

To add further clarification, within USS you need to specify a url for Service Desk web services communications. Web services do not run on a Background server, which is why you'd specify an Application server url.

• 6.  Re: Advise for USS on sdm HIgh availability

Posted Apr 18, 2017 03:31 AM

THanks