DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  integrating between HP NNMi 10.2 and uim 8.5

Posted Apr 18, 2017 06:16 AM

Has one tried integrating between HP NNMi 10.2 and uim 8.5 . As per document , CA UIM has a probe for this .

and we have tried installed to one of our HP NNMi 10.2 development server. but nothing seems to be working in it.

If anyone had tried it then please guide us.

• 2.  Re: integrating between HP NNMi 10.2 and uim 8.5

Posted Apr 20, 2017 02:39 AM

Hi All,

please help out with this query.

• 3.  Re: integrating between HP NNMi 10.2 and uim 8.5

Posted Apr 20, 2017 09:19 PM

ovnnm probe seems to have released in 2003 and I dont see any development done after that for this probe for over a decade .Even the Software requirements are pretty antique 

Software: P OpenView NNM 6.x / 7.5, Nimsoft Robot version >= 2.0, (Windows) Nimsoft Infrastructure Manager and AlarmSubconsole

and the only note you could find in the whole documentation is the below 

ovnnm

Acts as a gateway between CA UIM and HP OpenView NNM. CA UIM Alarms are represented by dynamically created objects which can be used in Business Process Views.

I havent used this probe, but could you please advice what is that you are trying to achieve out of this integration ? May be there are other ways of achieving this in the current scenario 

• 4.  Re: integrating between HP NNMi 10.2 and uim 8.5

Posted Apr 21, 2017 02:40 AM

Hi Devulapalli

We are trying to integrate nmmi 10.5 with uim  8.5 , as per the ovnm probe description, if its successful , we will able to discover devices , alarms can be forwarded bi direction or ui directional. which will be help in end to end infra monitoring. So are there any other ways to achieve this.   

• 5.  Re: integrating between HP NNMi 10.2 and uim 8.5

Posted Apr 23, 2017 09:24 PM

I would recommend you to talk to CA Support to check if this probe is actually compatible with the existing versions of UIM and NNMi

Also I guess you deployed this probe on the NNMi server , correct?

Look for the messages in the "ovinst" file in the below path where you installed the probe, it might give some clues 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\gateway\ovnnm

• 6.  Re: integrating between HP NNMi 10.2 and uim 8.5

Posted Nov 27, 2017 11:09 AM

Hi all,

any news on this? Do we have a way to integrate?

Cheers,

Bjoern