DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Spectrumgtw issues

Posted Apr 18, 2017 05:02 AM

Has anyone had an issue with spectrumgtw where only one of a particular alarm will be sent to spectrum? For instance if I have multiple major severity disk alerts (ie c: | d: | f:) on a server only one of the alerts will be in Oneclick. The same appears to happen for other probes.

I also see informational alarms as minor alarms and some update every minute, keeping them at the top of a time sorted alarm console rather then just receiving the first alarm and slowly dropping down the list.

Using spectrumgtw 8.60 and Spectrum 10.2.1

• 2.  Re: Spectrumgtw issues

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 02:06 AM

Hi Mattew,

Currently Spectrumgtw 8.60 probe sync all. Could you please check the visibility of the alarms in CA UIM by enabling ‘Visibility’ column. If alarms are still not visible, you need to set the visibility through Action menu of the alarm facing the problem. The alarm(s) that were not visible, will be synchronized to CA Spectrum in next incremental alarm synchronization.

Regards

Rajesh

• 3.  Re: Spectrumgtw issues

Posted Apr 19, 2017 02:37 AM

All alarms are visible. They would come through when using the snmpgtw however only one alarm will come through using the spectrumgtw.

• 4.  Re: Spectrumgtw issues

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 04:14 AM

Hello Matthew, I would suggest to raise a support case for this question.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

• 5.  Re: Spectrumgtw issues

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 07:55 AM

What I think Matthew refers to is the alarm count that he sees for a particular UIM alarm in Spectrum, right?

If this is it, then this is working as designed.

Spectrumgtw will replicate only the first occurrence of an alarm. If the count increases in UIM this it is not expected to increase in spectrum. If the alarm changes severity or any other change, this will be syncronized at the next incremental alarm synchronization.

• 6.  Re: Spectrumgtw issues

Posted Apr 19, 2017 08:10 AM

No.  I can have 10 individual disk alarms in uim c:, d:, e: etc but i will only see one in spectrum. If 5 are major and 5 critical i will see 1 major and 1 critical. 

• 7.  Re: Spectrumgtw issues

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 09:09 AM

Hello Matthew, again as already say earlier, please raise a support case for this request.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

• 8.  Re: Spectrumgtw issues

Posted May 10, 2017 02:01 AM

Resolution from support:

Issue can be resolved by customizing the event (add Suppress Key variable as discriminator) in Event Configuration.
    (or)
    Make changes to existing EventDisp file $SPECROOT/SS/CsVendor/gen_app_gw/EventDisp (0x063300cc A { v 101 Nimsoft.UIMSeverity },0x063300cc,104)

Fix changes will be available in upcoming release (10.3).