Clarity

• 1.  User gets error on new status report: API1007 you are not authorized to post resources

Posted Apr 18, 2017 11:12 AM

User gets error on new status report: API1007 you are not authorized to post resources.

Why would a user need to be able to post resources to print a report?

What rights added to to the user will fix this?

• 2.  Re: User gets error on new status report: API1007 you are not authorized to post resources

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2017 11:34 AM

Do you have PMO addin installed? 

• 3.  Re: User gets error on new status report: API1007 you are not authorized to post resources

Posted Apr 18, 2017 12:08 PM

I think it is... we're SAAS so whatever they load into SAAS by default is what we have.  I think that does include the PMO add on.

• 4.  Re: User gets error on new status report: API1007 you are not authorized to post resources

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 05:03 AM

The addin must be installed but you need to apply the same also and thats is part of PPM administration via UI.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 5.  Re: User gets error on new status report: API1007 you are not authorized to post resources

Posted Apr 19, 2017 11:45 AM

I find that response confusing...

HOWEVER, AS IT turns out the add-in had nothing to do with it.

The user must have the rights for "Status Report - Create" and  "Status Report - Edit All"

According to support, the error message has absolutely nothing at all to do with the error. 

• 6.  Re: User gets error on new status report: API1007 you are not authorized to post resources

Posted Nov 14, 2017 08:09 PM

After adding these two rights to the Group, I found that the error message is now suppressed.

To the opposite effect, I now find that users in the newly udated Group can now create and edit Status Reports for Projects that they are not the PM for, superceding settings in the OBS security.

I wonder if there is a way of not completely opening up access for any PM to create/edit any Projects' Status Report.

• 7.  Re: User gets error on new status report: API1007 you are not authorized to post resources

Posted Nov 14, 2017 10:26 PM

Currently this is a design limitation for the status reports in the NewUX – you are not able get the fully granularity of the security rights that you have in Classic PPM.   

The way some other customers are utilizing the NewUX status reports is that since it is a PDF, it can be sent via email  to stakeholders and you don’t have to manage the rights for each PM.

Also, it is mentioned in the documentation below that these rights need to be given to the PM for the New UX

New User Experience: Compare with Classic CA PPM - CA PPM - 15.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks

Shailey