AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  SAP job failing in Autosys but was success on SAP end

Posted Apr 18, 2017 03:57 PM

Hello,

We have some SAP jobs scheduled to run on CA Autosys, the problem is once or twice in a day the job is failing in Autosys end with exit code 16 but it was successfully triggered on SAP end and finishing with no errors.

In Autosys, it is failing with below error.

%CASAP_E_990, RFC error operation/code: BAPI_XBP_JOB_JOBLOG_READ
    %CASAP_E_991, Key: E XM 034
    %CASAP_E_993, Message: Internal problem (function BAPI_XBP_JOB_JOBLOG_READ)

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance

Vamshi

• 2.  Re: SAP job failing in Autosys but was success on SAP end
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 18, 2017 10:07 PM

Hi Vamshi,

Can you please review this Community thread on similar problem reported?

https://communities.ca.com/message/241878376?commentID=241878376#comment-241878376 

Especially, the comment about SAP Note 707395 by JeanPaulLucas

Thank you,

Chandru

• 3.  Re: SAP job failing in Autosys but was success on SAP end

Posted Apr 19, 2017 05:03 AM

Hi Chandru,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I will check on this with SAP and get back.

Thanks,

Vamshi

• 4.  Re: SAP job failing in Autosys but was success on SAP end

Posted Apr 19, 2017 07:05 AM

If it’s an SAP error then it is always SAP not AutoSys.

I have run into it before where SAP will not take ownership of the failure.

Once they dive in they find it is SAP and not a single thank you and you were right etc.

SAP processing think they do no wrong. And in my 30 years as a programmer I have seen otherwise.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 5.  Re: SAP job failing in Autosys but was success on SAP end

Community Manager
    Posted May 01, 2017 02:20 PM

Vamshi -- did Chandru's response help? Could you come back and let us know?

• 6.  Re: SAP job failing in Autosys but was success on SAP end

Posted May 05, 2017 01:29 PM

Hello Lenn,

I have checked with our SAP basis team on SAP Note 707395 as suggested by Chandru and their reply is as below.

SAP team - "We reviewed SAP note 707395 and it is not applicable to our current scenario and also for our current release."

Still we have the issue and it is intermittent. Jobs are failing with exit code 16 on Autosys and they are triggered successfully on SAP end and finishing successfully.

• 7.  Re: SAP job failing in Autosys but was success on SAP end

Posted May 08, 2017 07:21 AM

was the job_count set and was it available or did a user run it by hand and release the bind between sap job name and job count? 

Tell your SAP team this is an SAP error, and many things can cause it but in the end it's an issue on the SAP side. I have seen similar situation way too many times. Just like an ORA error this is an SAP error code .. 

Steve C.