CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Copy menu issue on change order form after upgrading to SDM 14.1 cum3

• 1.  Copy menu issue on change order form after upgrading to SDM 14.1 cum3

Posted Apr 18, 2017 10:55 AM

We do not use any of the transitions for Change Orders, Incidents, Problems, or Requests. After upgrading to SDM 14.1.03, the change order copy menu results in error as shown below. As a workaround, we are enforced to enable CO status transitions at the moment.

I would like to know if this is a known issue of CP3 and is there a ready test-fix available?

• 2.  Re: Copy menu issue on change order form after upgrading to SDM 14.1 cum3

Posted Apr 18, 2017 11:18 AM

Hi vchinni,

Looks like you have some CO status transition in in-active state.Check and make the CO status transition active.

Thanks

Junaid

• 3.  Re: Copy menu issue on change order form after upgrading to SDM 14.1 cum3

Posted Apr 18, 2017 11:37 AM

Junaid... I'm curious to know, if the status transitions were enforced from cum2 or cum3, as we never had this specific problem prior to upgrade (14.1 cum1.)

• 4.  Re: Copy menu issue on change order form after upgrading to SDM 14.1 cum3

Posted Apr 18, 2017 11:18 AM

Vishnu,

When you copy a change order, most likely its going to some type of default status other than "Open" which it attempts to set it to, but cant because there is no status transition available.  Can you tell me how you have status transitions disabled?    What I would do in this case if you dont want to use them is really enable all of them - thus it would allow any status to transition to any other status without a problem.

Hope this helps.

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Copy menu issue on change order form after upgrading to SDM 14.1 cum3

Posted Apr 18, 2017 11:33 AM

John, I have already enabled the required CO status transitions but we don't prefer to use for any type of tickets. All status transitions were inactive in our system since previous releases but to fix this particular issue, we were enforced to activate them now.

• 6.  Re: Copy menu issue on change order form after upgrading to SDM 14.1 cum3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2017 11:46 AM

Vishnu, do you have something similar to

"MODIFY chg status ON_NEW DEFAULT OP;"

in a mod file? If yes, you would need to remove this. Thanks _Chi

• 7.  Re: Copy menu issue on change order form after upgrading to SDM 14.1 cum3

Posted Apr 18, 2017 12:00 PM

Chi… Yes, we have a mod file that we would still like to retain for enforcing new CO status to open

• 8.  Re: Copy menu issue on change order form after upgrading to SDM 14.1 cum3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2017 12:03 PM

Vishnu, if possible, as a test, can you shutdown SDM, remove that line, start SDM and see if the problem goes away?

If yes, please open a Support case for this. Thanks _Chi

• 9.  Re: Copy menu issue on change order form after upgrading to SDM 14.1 cum3

Posted Apr 18, 2017 02:41 PM

Chi... The problem is not seen after removing the line and disabling all active CO status transitions.

• 10.  Re: Copy menu issue on change order form after upgrading to SDM 14.1 cum3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2017 02:48 PM

Vishnu, this is what I expected...maybe it is time to open a Support case for further investigation? Thanks _Chi

• 11.  Re: Copy menu issue on change order form after upgrading to SDM 14.1 cum3

Posted Apr 18, 2017 11:54 AM

vchinni I don't really know if status transitions get enforced from one cumulative level to other in SDM.

Also,can you please let me know what are the errors that got logged while you reproduced the issue in the stdlog.