Service Virtualization

• 1.  Unable to set JMS_IBM_MessageType in response message

Posted Apr 18, 2017 11:30 AM

Hello,

I am using DevTest 8.3 version. I need to create MQ VS using IBM MQ series protocol and JMS Client mode.

Another requirment is that I need to use ReplyTo option. I have a problem with my VS response message type.

Now this respone message type is 'REQUEST' and I would like to have 'RESPONSE' instead. I was trying to set this JMS_IBM_MSGTYPE = 2 in message properties in Publisher step, I also added msg.messageType in  vsi response meta data. If I am not using replyTo option I am receiving messageType=8. Do you know how to set this properly, because I was trying different

Kind regards

• 2.  Re: Unable to set JMS_IBM_MessageType in response message

Posted Apr 20, 2017 10:26 AM

Hi,

could you please try to set the meta-data property with the prefix of msg.props, so in this case it should be msg.props.JMS_IBM_MSGTYPE=2.

Regards,

Jan

• 3.  Re: Unable to set JMS_IBM_MessageType in response message

Posted Apr 21, 2017 05:56 AM

Hi,

I set the meta-data property with the prefix of msg.props. This solution does not work for me.

Kind regards,

Bartek

• 4.  Re: Unable to set JMS_IBM_MessageType in response message

Posted Apr 21, 2017 09:04 AM

Hi,

I will need to look into it more, will let you know my findings during the next week.

Regards,

Jan

• 5.  Re: Unable to set JMS_IBM_MessageType in response message

Posted Apr 28, 2017 04:28 AM

Hi,

sorry for taking longer time to respond.

Our findings are that you unfortunately will not be able to achieve this in the deprecated IBM MQ Series protocol as it does not support setting these properties in this way.

We would highly recommend to switch to the new MQ Native protocol, there you can do what you need by setting these two meta-data properties:

msg.props.JMS_IBM_MsgType = 2

msg.proptypes.JMS_IBM_MsgType = Integer

Regards,

Jan

• 6.  Re: Unable to set JMS_IBM_MessageType in response message

Posted May 04, 2017 04:46 AM

Hi,

Thank you for the information. I was trying to use Native client mode with  IBM MQ series protocol (deprecated) and I was also trying to use MQ native protocol. The problem is that I am not able to connect to response queue using the same connection data as for JMS mode. I cannot change anything in queue configuration.

The error I am getting in publish step:

Kind regards,

Bartek

• 7.  Re: Unable to set JMS_IBM_MessageType in response message
    Best Answer

Posted May 05, 2017 01:10 PM

If are sticking with the old 'MQ Series' step and switching it to 'Native Mode' then you will probably have to modify the queue names you are configuring the step with.  Typically this involves removing a path-like prefix such as 'session://...' or  'queues/...'.  The error you are getting means the queue name was not found as specified.

If you would like to try the new JMS protocol then you will need to transfer your step's configuration into an IBM MQ Connection Factory asset and some Queue assets, but you will be able to use the same queue names you were using in the MQ Series step with JMS Mode.