Clarity

• 1.  Investment Permission in Portfolios?

Posted Apr 18, 2017 02:27 PM

What dictates the Investment Permissions in the results of a Portfolio Contents query?

If Portfolio Manager A has view on all projects in OBS A and OBS B, if their Content query is "All Active Projects" - would I expect to get all Active in OBS A and OBS B?

If I change the Portfolio's Manager to Portfolio Manager B and they only have OBS A view, would I expect the contents to change on next sync, dropping the investments from OBS B?

Are the Contents constrained 'real time' by the permissions of the user in the Portfolio Manager field?

• 2.  Re: Investment Permission in Portfolios?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 18, 2017 03:42 PM

It would take the Portfolio Manager's rights into account. Per your example if they have access to view all projects in OBS A and B and the portfolio content is set to include all active projects, only active projects in OBS A and B would be included.  If the Portfolio was previously synced by another user with full permissions, the manager might temporarily see the other projects because they are looking at the latest snapshot, but if they re-sync the Portfolio, only the short list of authorized projects will be there. 

• 3.  Re: Investment Permission in Portfolios?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 06:44 AM

Thanks Kathy.

Based on your explanation above, IF a user who is listed as the Portfolio Manager of a Portfolio had the scope of their permissions change, one could expect the contents of their Portfolio to change even if there were no changes to the Portfolio's contents filter?

• 4.  Re: Investment Permission in Portfolios?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 08:22 AM

Correct - but only after the Portfolio is re-synced. Until then, the content will continue to show based on prior permissions.

• 5.  Re: Investment Permission in Portfolios?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 08:55 AM

Mystery Solved.

Thanks Kathy!