Clarity

• 1.  Use of gel:persist

Posted Apr 18, 2017 11:13 AM

Hi all.

I'm try to create a new process in Clarity CA and I need to pass a set of parameters to more than one step in the entire process. So, to avoid define parameters in all steps, I'm trying to use gel:persist and gel:parameter in a first step to collect the parameters and reuse them in the next steps. But, after started the process do not leave the Start step.

Anyone knows how can I do that?

Here is my gel:script

<gel:script
    xmlns:core="jelly:core"
    xmlns:sql="jelly:sql"
    xmlns:soap="jelly:com.niku.union.gel.SOAPTagLibrary" xmlns:gel="jelly:com.niku.union.gel.GELTagLibrary">

<!-- Provide parameters in for the process -->
    <gel:parameter var="p_creator" default="admin"/>
    <gel:parameter var="p_business_line" default=""/>
    <gel:parameter var="p_start_date" default="01-01-2016"/>
    <gel:parameter var="p_end_date" default="31-12-2016"/>
    <gel:parameter var="p_release_size" default="1"/>

<gel:persist var="v_creator" value="${p_creator}" scope="INSTANCE"/>
    <gel:persist var="v_business_line" value="${p_business_line}" scope="INSTANCE"/>
    <gel:persist var="v_start_date" value="${p_start_date}" scope="INSTANCE"/>
    <gel:persist var="v_end_date" value="${p_end_date}" scope="INSTANCE"/>
    <gel:persist var="v_release_size" value="${p_release_size}" scope="INSTANCE"/>

</gel:script>

Regards,

AB

• 2.  Re: Use of gel:persist

Posted Apr 18, 2017 11:19 AM

Not sure that theres anything wrong with your GEL, but is the process itself built correctly to move from the start-step to the next step?

• 3.  Re: Use of gel:persist

Posted Apr 18, 2017 01:10 PM

Hi. I do some more tests and I verify the following.

If I create one process just with one step (let's call them S1) between Start and Finish and with the content above, the process is executed with success.

But, If put a second step after S1, the process does not leave the Start Step, and the status on this step is always running ...never ends. More, for some reason this behaviour only happens for a specific step/action name with this process, because I try to create another process and everything runs well.

Anyone knows if Clarity retains any cache? or if exists a job to "clean a process definition"

Thank you for your help.

• 4.  Re: Use of gel:persist

Posted Apr 18, 2017 02:19 PM

Hi,

May be XOGing out the process and XOGing it back in will do the charm? And are you sure that the second process (which works) is identical to the first one (which does not work)?

You could also try "Save As" from the first process, and see if the duplicate you obtain works as expected.

I don't think there is a way to clean a process definition.

• 5.  Re: Use of gel:persist

Posted Apr 19, 2017 01:00 AM

Jeevan.B is right, Process should work even after adding more steps.

You can try to XOG out the process which have issue and XOG in again after deleting that Process.

Also try "flush all" by adding "security.caches" after action: in URL.