Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Load balancing on SiteMinder Policy Servers

Posted Apr 18, 2017 05:18 PM

Hello,

Is there a way to set load balancing on 12.52 Policy Servers to share the load by policy servers evenly instead of setting fail-over which will be helpful only when the server is down?

I'm looking at other option as well by creating a network load balancer that has policy servers as nodes. Will there be any issues with such design and does CA supports loading balancing mechanism with policy servers?

Thank you,

Raja Shravan

• 2.  Re: Load balancing on SiteMinder Policy Servers

Posted Apr 18, 2017 06:46 PM

Hi Raja,

Hardware load balancer is supported:

Configure Agent to Policy Server Communication Using a Hardware Load Balancer - CA Single Sign-On - 12.6.01 - CA Technol… 

Alternatively, you can configure Policy Servers in cluster to provide a high level of system availability and improve response time by distributing requests from CA Single Sign-On Agents to Policy Servers:

Clustered Policy Servers Introduced - CA Single Sign-On - 12.6.01 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Load balancing on SiteMinder Policy Servers

Posted Apr 21, 2017 10:29 PM

The question sounds too simple, so please excuse me if I misunderstood what you're asking for.
    If you uncheck the 'failover' option, the servers in the list will be in 'round robin' mode.  You do not need an external load balancer for this.