Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  PAM (XSuite) transparent login to Bloomberg Terminal

Posted Apr 18, 2017 04:09 PM

Hi all, I would like to know whether anyone has integrated (or tried to integrate) CA PAM (XSuite) with Bloomberg Terminal, for automatic/transparent login.

Bloomberg Terminal - Wikipedia 

My prospect just want to keep their Bloomberg Terminal credentials into the Product, and enable some some users to automatically access that application without typing (or knowing) such credentials.

Thanks for any insight. Welington Strutz.

• 2.  Re: PAM (XSuite) transparent login to Bloomberg Terminal

Posted Apr 20, 2017 05:19 AM

Hi Wellington, 

From the wiki link it's clear that it's a Windows application but still we don't know how this application login form looks like and how this application is launched by end user. 

If we know how to launch this application then we can comment weather transparent login is possible or not. 

• 3.  Re: PAM (XSuite) transparent login to Bloomberg Terminal

Posted Apr 20, 2017 07:56 AM

Hi asif.shaikh4, thanks for your reply...really appreciated.

Actually, Bloomberg Terminal main executable is called wintrv.exe, and their install puts a shortcut on end users'desktop.

I don't have prospect's actual screens, however I found a short video on youtube, pretty similar to what I've found at their site (the fun part of this video is that they have a post-it sticker with terminal credentials on the monitor ).

How to log on to Bloomberg? - YouTube 

Hope this get you more insights on it. Thanks again!

Welington.

• 4.  Re: PAM (XSuite) transparent login to Bloomberg Terminal
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 21, 2017 05:16 PM

As long as this is a Published Application on your Windows server there is a chance that you will be able to use Transparent Login.  It is a matter of configuring the script using Learn Mode so that PAM will be able to deliver, and enter, the UserID and Password.  This may vary with the given application.  Please open a Support ticket if you wish assistance with this procedure.

• 5.  Re: PAM (XSuite) transparent login to Bloomberg Terminal

Posted Mar 14, 2018 10:56 AM

Hi voged01,

The transparent login works with Bloomberg, but you must use the Anywhere license, otherwise the Bloomberg terminal blocks the login, showing a message that you are not using a correct license.

We have recently discovered this in a customer.

Regards,

Gustavo Viggiano