CA Service Management

• 1.  USS - live sessions monitoring

Posted Apr 19, 2017 02:58 AM

USS has option Portal - Monitoring where can be displayed live sessions. Is it possible to monitor these live sessions using external monitoring system for example Zabbix? We would like to know the exact count of the connected users during the day.

Regards,

Milan

• 2.  Re: USS - live sessions monitoring

Posted Apr 19, 2017 08:23 AM

Hi Milan,

I dont believe there are any connectors available to monitor the live sessions using an external system.  That would be something that would be considered an enhancement which you can post here in the community as an "idea" - just state the functionality that you would like to have, and the business use case for it.  Then folks can vote for it, and product management will review it for possible inclusion in future releases of the product.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: USS - live sessions monitoring
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 09:29 AM

This is offered via Liferay component itself.  It's disabled OOTB because of performance reasons.

live.users.enabled=true

Set the above in portal-ext.properties and recycle USS

then:  http://host:port/group/control_panel --> Portal (on the left pane) -> Monitoring

note: this is a liferay component itself and is disabled OOTB as they noted performance issues around it

_R

• 4.  Re: USS - live sessions monitoring

Posted Apr 20, 2017 03:18 AM

Thanks for the answers,  I found some articles how to monitor Liferay via JMX I hope it will help.