Clarity

• 1.  Transaction adjustment through XOG

Posted Apr 19, 2017 07:43 AM

Hi All,

I am new to XOG.

I am trying to adjust Transaction via XOG in by giving minus values to Actal cost .But if i run Post to wip job, the actuals are getting added instead of Reducing.

<Transaction chargeCode="iscapex" chargeable="1" inputTypeCode="Du_NE_Input_TC" projectID="D1NESASP 1676"
    resourceID="Dummy_NE_Resource" taskID="5062087" externalID="NE_W2"
    transactionDate="2017-04-19" transactionType="X" units="-1" actualCostRate="-500" importStatus="N"
    actualCostRateCurrency="EUR" billRate="-500" billRateCurrency="EUR"
    groupId="1" voucherNumber="W20007" >

Can some one help me on this.

• 2.  Re: Transaction adjustment through XOG
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 19, 2017 08:17 AM

Only make one of the variables negative (either the units or cost) otherwise negative times negative = positive.  If you make units positive and cost negative (or vice versa), you'll get a negative cost.

• 3.  Re: Transaction adjustment through XOG

Posted Apr 19, 2017 08:49 AM

Thanks Kathy. I can post actuals now.

Could you please explain me the use of Unit and  importStatus="N"

Only Cost and Unit is important in Transactions?

• 4.  Re: Transaction adjustment through XOG

Posted Apr 19, 2017 09:17 AM

ImportStatus is one of the attributes in the Financial Transaction schema. "N" represents new transaction.  The unit and cost are the two values used to determine the cost depending on what information you are importing.  Unit typically is used to represent number of hours (in the case of labor transactions) and quantity (for non-labor transactions). If you are uploading the total cost of the transaction, then use a Unit of 1 and the total cost in the Cost/Rate fields.  If you want to derive cost you can enter the number of labor units in Unit and the cost/rate per unit in the Cost/Rate fields (e.g. 8 units at 110/hr).  Non-labor transactions typically are entered with Unit = 1 and total cost in Cost/Rate fields.  Cost/Rate unpopulated with look for the rate/cost in the Cost/Rate Matrix for the investment.  Hope this helps.

• 5.  Re: Transaction adjustment through XOG

Posted Apr 19, 2017 09:52 AM

Thank you. it was helpful.