Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

I'm XOGing in a process with an action that performs Post To WIP. I've set multiple values for the Entry Type & Transaction Type.  However, all but the last value for each parameter is being ignored.  How can I fix this?

• 1.  I'm XOGing in a process with an action that performs Post To WIP. I've set multiple values for the Entry Type & Transaction Type.  However, all but the last value for each parameter is being ignored.  How can I fix this?

Posted Apr 19, 2017 02:51 PM

<Action code="posttowip" jobDefinitionCode="POST_TO_WIP" synchronized="true" type="BPM_SAT_JOB">
                  <nls description="Post all transaction types for all entry types EXCEPT labor" languageCode="en" name="Post to WIP"/>
                  <ActionParams>
                    <Param name="param_inv_obs"/>
                    <Param name="param_entry_type" value="52"/>
                    <Param name="param_entry_type" value="50"/>
                    <Param name="param_entry_type" value="53"/>
                    <Param name="param_txn_type" value="EQUIPMENT"/>
                    <Param name="param_txn_type" value="EXPENSE"/>
                    <Param name="param_txn_type" value="MATERIAL"/>
                    <Param name="param_txn_type" value="LABOR"/>
                    <Param name="param_from_txn_date"/>
                    <Param name="param_to_txn_date"/>
                    <Param name="param_post_options" value="POST_TO_WIP"/>
                  </ActionParams>
                  <Notifications notifyOwner="false">
                    <NotifyWhen stepActionInError="false" stepActionPerformed="false"/>
                    <Assignees/>
                  </Notifications>
                </Action>

So based on the above, when I view the process after the XOG, the only Entry Type selected is "Voucher Other" and the only Transaction Type selected is "LABOR".

• 2.  Re: I'm XOGing in a process with an action that performs Post To WIP. I've set multiple values for the Entry Type & Transaction Type.  However, all but the last value for each parameter is being ignored.  How can I fix this?

Posted Apr 20, 2017 03:55 AM

Hi,

Which version and patch level are you facing this issue in? I just tried Posting an "Expense" Transaction,  of Entry Type "Voucher Expense", in 15.2, and it got posted to WIP. (These are not the last values of the corresponding parameters).

• 3.  Re: I'm XOGing in a process with an action that performs Post To WIP. I've set multiple values for the Entry Type & Transaction Type.  However, all but the last value for each parameter is being ignored.  How can I fix this?

Posted Apr 20, 2017 06:54 AM

Our version/build is 15.1.0.149 03 5.

We have a process in our development environment with a Post to WIP action in the Start Step.

For the Post to WIP action, the following parameter values are set:

Entry Type - Imported, Voucher Expense, Voucher Other

Transaction Type - Equipment, Expense, Labor, Material

I need to port the process to our test environment, so I performed a read XOG of the process in our development environment in order to get the corresponding write XOG.  The code I posted above is the Post to WIP action from the write XOG that was generated.  It contains multiple parameter values for both Entry Type and Transaction Type.

I executed the write XOG in our test environment, but when I view the Post to WIP action in the resultant process, the only Entry Type value selected is the last one listed in the write XOG - <Param name="param_entry_type" value="53"/> (Voucher Other), and the only Transaction Type parameter that gets selected is the last one listed in the write XOG - <Param name="param_txn_type" value="LABOR"/> (Labor).

What do I need to do in the write XOG for the Post to WIP action to have it set all of the desired values for Entry Type and Transaction Type?

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: I'm XOGing in a process with an action that performs Post To WIP. I've set multiple values for the Entry Type & Transaction Type.  However, all but the last value for each parameter is being ignored.  How can I fix this?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 21, 2017 03:14 AM

Yep. I see this happening in 15.2 as well. But we anyway need to Validate the newly XOGed IN process. So, we can go in and select all the parameters before we do the validation.

• 5.  Re: I'm XOGing in a process with an action that performs Post To WIP. I've set multiple values for the Entry Type & Transaction Type.  However, all but the last value for each parameter is being ignored.  How can I fix this?

Posted Apr 24, 2017 05:43 PM

Thanks for your help Jeevan!