CA Service Management

• 1.  SDM 14.1.03 - Multiple mailboxes and multiple 'Reply-To" addresses

Posted Apr 20, 2017 01:15 PM

SDM 14.1.03 (no xFlow or multi-tenancy) integrated with  PAM 4.3.1

Customer wants to have different email addresses published for different service offerings / customers and then create / update the appropriate ticket in SDM.  The replies need to have a Reply-To of the same address as the one published.

For example, for IT related requests the customer would use  "itservice@company.com" but for HR requests they would use "HR@company.com" and for account management: "customercare@company.com".  These may be internal or external customers and may be tenanted.

I haven't found a way of doing this in SDM by creating new notification methods and updating contact records to use this method for the Reply-To.  The issue is that the same contact may use different email addresses because they may use multiple services.

We are already using the maileater in SDM to handle IT tickets with multiple mailboxes for routing based on the incoming address.  The requirement is for users not to have to specify any specific tokens\keywords in the subject or body. Once a ticket is created, they receive email from SDM with the same global Reply-To address.  Fortunately, when the customer replies to these email the text_api just links to the specific ticket and doesn't know or care about the original email address.  I thought about creating new custom notification 'levels' on the contact record beyond the current Low, Normal, High, and Emergency, e.g. "IT, HR, CustomerCare" and then have the incoming mail rule to use that notification level.  Has anyone done this?

We have PAM available, but looking over the Mail Trigger, it appears to be limited to one mailbox.  I was wondering if we can configure our email system to use one mailbox with aliases to the 'service' address and then have PAM monitor the actual mailbox and then parse the 'To' address alias and take actions based on that?  Or actually monitor multiple mailboxes?  PAM could format any replies with the appropriate 'Reply-To' address and the email server / proxy would send this as formatted?  Even if this is possible, the show stopper to me is that we then have to run all SDM notifications through PAM since it cannot handle the multiple 'Reply-To' address issues.

I'm trying to find and vote up as many Ideas on this but wondered if anyone (e.g. MSP's) has come up with a solution for this they are able to share.

TIA,

J.W.

• 2.  Re: SDM 14.1.03 - Multiple mailboxes and multiple 'Reply-To" addresses

Posted Apr 24, 2017 02:09 PM

• 3.  Re: SDM 14.1.03 - Multiple mailboxes and multiple 'Reply-To" addresses

Posted May 02, 2017 09:54 PM

I've already started down that path as I mentioned above; but the new notification method has to associated with slots in the various levels and the number of proposed services needing new reply addresses will exceed those available.  Only one can be active per level at a time. 

• 4.  Re: SDM 14.1.03 - Multiple mailboxes and multiple 'Reply-To" addresses

Posted May 03, 2017 05:30 AM

HI, J_W

My approach may look over complicated at first but is not on a longer term.

Using PAM give you greater flexibility in your business logic so this is for me the way to go for you In order to overcome the Maileater and PAM Mail processor limitation (one mailbox only, type of message, etc).

Idea will be to put something in between (like a small java connector that you can trigger using a PAM agenda too) that will read your different mailbox on regular interval and save the msg locally as text file.

You can then have routine in your PAM to process those files according to your business logic.

You will have to develop this small middleware but you can keep it really simple (accept some parameters to define connectivity and mailbox to read , retrieve the emails and save them in a structured way locally) but after this is done you are completely free for any business logic or extension of your solution.

My 2 cents

/J

P.S. can't share here but concept is proven to work