Rally Software

• 1.  Velocity chart not displaying data

Posted Apr 21, 2017 10:27 AM

I have recently set up a new project with a yearly release and monthly iterations.  I have added some user stories and tasks and have accepted some of the user stories.  Yet, when I view the Velocity Chart, no data is showing on the chart including the iteration name at the bottom.  Am I missing a setup step?

• 2.  Re: Velocity chart not displaying data

Posted Apr 21, 2017 02:18 PM

Assuming you have assigned values to the Plan Estimate in the user stories, you will not see any data in the Velocity app until the conclusion of the iteration.  Then you should see the number of story points (Plan Estimate field) that were completed during the iteration.  If you use the Advanced Velocity chart, it also shows items that were completed but not accepted during the iteration.

• 3.  Re: Velocity chart not displaying data

Posted Apr 21, 2017 02:29 PM

Does the conclusion of the iteration mean that the iteration has been accepted or is it the actual end date of the iteration?

• 4.  Re: Velocity chart not displaying data

Posted Apr 21, 2017 02:57 PM

That, I am not sure about.  We always accept ours at the conclusion of the sprint demo.  I’ve never looked to see if it works without acceptance.

Dan Poling, CSSLP®, CSM®

Senior Principal Engineer,

Tools and Program Development

D+H

• 5.  Re: Velocity chart not displaying data

Posted Apr 24, 2017 10:32 AM

It's the actual end date of the iteration- changing status to Accepted is not necessary. Hope that helps.