Symantec Access Management

• 1.  I have to log in twice with SSO

Posted Apr 21, 2017 08:47 AM

Hello all,

I have an issue with SSO. Let me explain:

First I log in CA PC, then go to Administration tab --> Data Source Settings --> NFA and click on it (I want to go to NFA console GUI as it is configured as data source) and then I am prompted to log in NFA console again.

So I have to log in both PC and NFA and the same if I am on NFA console and want to go to PC.

I don't know where the problem is. I have reinstalled the NFA environment in other boxes/servers as I did a migration (from windows servers 2008 to windows servers 2012) and from that time I am having this issue. It is not serious but annoying as customer has to log in twice.

I have also cleaned up the cookies to discard any possible cookies issue but still doesn't work.

Does anyone know where the problem is?

Thanks a lot !

Regards,

Inigo.

• 2.  Re: I have to log in twice with SSO

Posted Apr 21, 2017 04:11 PM

Is this a CA SSO (SiteMinder) question?

What do you mean by CA PC?

What is NFA?

• 3.  Re: I have to log in twice with SSO

Posted Apr 24, 2017 03:58 AM

Hello Richard,

I am talking about CA Performance Center (PC) and CA Network Flow Analysis (NFA). NFA is working as data source of CA PC. Once I log in CA PC, I click on NFA (Administration tab --> Data Source Settings --> NFA) and then I have to log in again. I have to enter the username and password and with SSO well configured it is not necessary as from CA PC to any other data source users don't need the credentials.

Greetings,

Inigo.

• 4.  Re: I have to log in twice with SSO
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 24, 2017 11:43 AM

Hi Inigo,

You have posted your request to the wrong topic. This topic is specifically for the CA SSO product (SiteMinder). Since it doesn't appear that you are using SiteMinder for authentication and Single Sign On I don't think any of the people who monitor this topic will be able to help you.

This is not a generic Single Sign on topic dealing with how other CA apps do authentication when SiteMinder is not used.

Rick