Service Virtualization

• 1.  File Snap is giving access specifiers like rw along with file name

Posted Apr 21, 2017 02:59 PM

Hi,

Can we update this step to ignore the access specifiers with filename while using Snap Shot step? I don't think it's required and it is creating problem to get actual filename. I am although using JavaScript to truncate rw. 

Reply your thought on this.

• 2.  Re: File Snap is giving access specifiers like rw along with file name
    Best Answer

Posted May 09, 2017 05:26 AM

If you wish to use the output of the "File System Snapshot"  step in part only, so as to exclude the file permissions, then you will need to write a filter or custom step to do this.

There is, however, an alternative. Have you considered the use of the "Load a Set of File Names" dataset that can be added to a step. Using this dataset, one may retrieve the file names from a directory one-at-a-time for later use. The path to the file is returned. These could be written to a file using the Write Properties to a File" step, if you choose, or simply processed in turn.

• 3.  Re: File Snap is giving access specifiers like rw along with file name

Posted May 12, 2017 01:20 AM

Load a Set of File Names step does not give file extension and that is necessary for our project.

• 4.  Re: File Snap is giving access specifiers like rw along with file name

Posted May 15, 2017 07:46 AM

In my experience it does. For instance, when running in the "examples" directory, the first file returned is

C:/Lisa/10.1/examples/build.xml

Including the extension.

If you need different functionality then I am afraid that it will need to be scripted.