Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  SSH client hangs when resizing window

Posted Apr 21, 2017 06:21 PM

Tried to upgrade from latest 2.7.x to 2.8.2.01. When resizing the SSH client window, it will leave ghosting/trails all over and then hang all client windows. Had to roll back the updates. Anyone else have this issue?

• 2.  Re: SSH client hangs when resizing window

Posted Apr 23, 2017 09:35 PM

Hi Robert,

SSH client window resize was working for CA PAM 2.8.2 release.

I applied the 2.8.2.01 patch and proceed to test with the SSH access. The SSH client window resize hung the session.

Terminated the CA PAM Client process. Access CA PAM Client, applied the updates to PAM Client and login to PAM.

SSH client window resize is working accordingly now.

• 3.  Re: SSH client hangs when resizing window

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2017 05:15 AM

Hi Robert

I have reproduced a similar use case as Kelly. In my case, installing 2.8.2.01 has caused the error resizing, but after closing the browser, it has worked normally.

Is this still an issue for you ? We have seen other similar cases and I'd like to know if this is a reproducible problem for you, in which case I would advise to open a case.

• 4.  Re: SSH client hangs when resizing window

Posted Apr 25, 2017 12:17 PM

I had a very limited window for the upgrade. We replicated the issue with 2 testers. One might have had the client still open, the other did not. Both experienced the issue. We try to only use the thick client. I would not want to tell a large number of production users that if their client hangs after the upgrade that they must kill the process and try again.