CA Service Management

• 1.  how to get the radio button avlue instead of id

Posted Apr 22, 2017 10:51 AM

hi i have a form with radio selection (3 options)  

my radio selection "RequiredFor"  with 3 options 

(option1  lable="network monitoring", id='1', value="network monitoring"

(option2  lable="network Maintenance", id='2', value="network Maintenance"

(option3  lable="network Security", id='3', value="network Security"

i need to return the value of the selected radio  instead of the ID , for example if i select option 2 

in my script when i use the function to return    var x =ca_fdGetSelectedRadio(ca_fd.formId,'RequiredFor') it reurns the id =2 bu t i need to return the value of the selected radio which= "network Maintenance"

i tried alot of the tries since i'ma beginner in Java alert( ca_fdGetSelectedRadio(ca_fd.formId,'RequiredFor').value ); but it returns undefined 

is there is any way to get the value or the lable of the radio ?

• 2.  Re: how to get the radio button avlue instead of id

Posted Apr 24, 2017 05:17 AM

unlike select component (which has ca_fdGetSelectedOptionValues(formId, _id)  to return an array of strings containing the values of the selected options) , the radio component only has ca_fdGetSelectedRadio(formId, groupId)  which

Returns the _id of selected radio in the group.

So as a workaround you can rename your id  as network_monitoring(since space  is not allowed in _id) , network_Maintenance and network_Security so  this way you can fetch the required string.

If this answer resolves your query , please click on star symbol which denotes helpful.

• 3.  Re: how to get the radio button avlue instead of id

Posted Apr 09, 2019 07:02 AM

you can use this 

var SeltdOptn =document.querySelector('input[name="radSelectGender"]:checked').value;

and to test it you can create a radio group for gender add 2 option male and female then name the groupid radSelectGender