Rally Software

• 1.  How can i migrate test cases from ALM 12 to Rally Test Plan ?

Posted Apr 24, 2017 06:39 AM

How can i migrate test cases from HP ALM 12 to Rally Test Plan ?

I can see using the connector it is possible to migrate to Test cases of Rally but my question is how do we migrate to rally Test plan by retaining the same folder structure as in ALM

• 2.  Re: How can i migrate test cases from ALM 12 to Rally Test Plan ?

Posted Apr 24, 2017 01:20 PM

Hello Radha! Thank you for your question about the HP ALM connector copying Test Cases from HP ALM to Agile Central. You can copy the HP ALM folder structure into Agile Central by using the <QCTestplanFolderFieldHandler>

and <RallyTestFolderFieldHandler> tags.

Without the <RallyTestFolderFieldHandler> and <QCTestplanFolderFieldHandler>, the folder structure from HP ALM will NOT be copied into Rally, rather only TestCases will be created in Rally.

When the <RallyTestFolderFieldHandler> and <QCTestplanFolderFieldHandler> are specified, and no HP ALM <TestFolder> tag is specified in the <QCConnection> section, then the structure under the HP ALM "Subject" folder (not the Subject folder itself -and- excluding the Unattached folder), will be maintained (i.e. copied to Agile Central) for all HP ALM folders which contain Tests (or have Tests in one of their subfolders). The structure can then be viewed in Rally under the "Quality" >> "Test Plan" tab.

Here is a link to a sample .xml for your review. QC-config-CopyTests2TestCases.pxml | CA Agile Central Help 

Hope this helps!

Thanks again,

Hilary Flygare