DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Server Availability Reports in CA UIM

Posted Apr 24, 2017 03:43 AM

Do we have server & network devices availability report in CA UIM  out of box ? We are looking for report which will ignore the downtime period of maintenance mode. 

• 2.  Re: Server Availability Reports in CA UIM

Posted Apr 24, 2017 01:26 PM

Hi,

I have not heard of one like that, but you can always build one in Unified reporter.

Thanks

• 3.  Re: Server Availability Reports in CA UIM

Posted Apr 25, 2017 01:39 PM

Hi Orwin,

we have the same requirement but since no oob report is present, I have raised an idea for the same, please check below link and give your vote.

Out of the box System uptime/availability report 

Regards

Hitesh Sehgal

• 4.  Re: Server Availability Reports in CA UIM

Posted Apr 26, 2017 12:20 AM

Hi All,

I can see that this a long feature request. Since i am new to CA UM, how difficult it is to configure this report ?

• 5.  Re: Server Availability Reports in CA UIM

Posted Apr 26, 2017 10:32 AM

Hi Orwin,

As a work around, we have used SLM/SLA component and chose ping response as parameter for availability. In that way we can have some visibility on the availability of devices. Let me know if you need more info on this.

Regards

Hitesh Sehgal

• 6.  Re: Server Availability Reports in CA UIM

Posted Apr 26, 2017 11:11 AM

Hi Hitesh,

Yes this can help in our ongoing multiple deployments. Can you please help to give more info on this !!

• 7.  Re: Server Availability Reports in CA UIM
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 26, 2017 02:06 PM

Hi Orbin,

Please read below articles, it will give you good understanding of SLM, SLA and SLO.

Create a New Service Level Agreement - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.31 - CA Technologies Documentation 

The SLA Reports Portlet - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.31 - CA Technologies Documentation 

in case you still have doubts, let me know.

Regards

Hitesh Sehgal

• 8.  Re: Server Availability Reports in CA UIM

Posted Mar 16, 2018 11:26 AM

Hi Hitesh,

If ping is blocked then which metric can help me to create availability report through SLM/SLA component.

Regards,

Waqar

• 9.  Re: Server Availability Reports in CA UIM

Posted Mar 16, 2018 10:45 PM

Hello Waqar.Mustafa01, i think in two ways for that:

You can install a Hub on the server network and from there ping the server, that way you bypass the firewall,

You can create a test one server Port, for an example If is an Apache server you could test Port 80.

Regards.