Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Post Processing logic in CA API Gateway

Posted Apr 25, 2017 03:38 AM
      |   view attached

We have a requirement where we need to route the message to an API and return the response back to the consumer immediately and later Publish the same message to a JMS Topic. The first API call should be independent of the second JMS Publish call and any failure in JMS Publishing should not affect the consumer.

I am using the "Return Template Response to Requester" with Send Response Immediately Checked . But Still i see the latency in returning the response. How ever the response is quicker if i disable the Assertions after the Return Template Response. Is there any way to handle these kind of scenario.

I have attached the screenshot of the policy

• 2.  Re: Post Processing logic in CA API Gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2017 06:32 PM

Good afternoon,

I've reviewed your post and there was a few versions when JMS was involved that it may not send back the response right away. So would you be able to provide the version you are running? Also does the JMS wait for a response or async send?

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 3.  Re: Post Processing logic in CA API Gateway

Posted Apr 26, 2017 12:33 AM

Hi Stephen,

The publish is being done to TIBCO EMS Topic. No response expected for this , and is working without any latency in case of success scenario. But the problem is with Negative Scenario. When the connection to JMS Destination fails the response returned from the "Return Template Response" is getting delayed. I am expecting the "Return Template Response" to return the response immediately since that is checked. 

In the Image above, Return Template Response is at line no 22, which should execute first and return response and then execute the line 28 where the JMS Publish Logic is there. But I see the latency in execution of "Return Template Response" when the line 28 fails. 

• 4.  Re: Post Processing logic in CA API Gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2017 04:18 PM

Please share the version of the Gateway.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 5.  Re: Post Processing logic in CA API Gateway

Posted Apr 27, 2017 01:24 AM

Hi Stephen,

Its 9.0

• 6.  Re: Post Processing logic in CA API Gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 15, 2017 07:20 PM

Good afternoon,

I've been able to test this out and I can not get the policy to delay the response even when the JMS server is not available to service requests or is awaiting a response from the JMS queue. Do you have JMS configured in an audit sink policy to move audits offbox?

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support