Hope all is well. I have a couple of questions about Cost Type Task Inheritance. We just migrated to using Cost Type instead of Charge Code.
Example (See below screenshot):
- The Cost Type attribute for the investment is set to Operating.
- The investment has a parent task/activity (Testing Prep) with a cost type of Operating.
- The parent task has two children tasks: Task 1/Develop Test Cases has a cost type of Operating and Task 2/Test op 2 has no cost type selected.
- In this case, Develop Test Cases has Operating specified. Shouldn’t Test op 2 inherit the cost type Operating from its parent task?
- Also will the UI populate the Task (Test op 2) with the parents charge code.
- How does this appear on BOXI report for the Task 2/Test op 2 (WBS Level 2)? Will it be blank, or populated with Level Task 1/Develop Test Cases value (same as WIP transaction screen)?
Ten Piedmont Center
3495 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30305