Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Managing Apps on Behalf of an Org.

Posted Apr 26, 2017 07:23 AM

Hello,

Is there a way to have a user belong to multiple organizations?  I have a scenario where I'd like to manage applications on behalf of different organizations.  I'm trying to avoid creating "dummy" users for the sake of creating an application developer account under new orgs.  Is this possible?  Or do I need to have a new app developer account for each org created?

I tried associating a single app developer with multiple orgs and the list of apps no longer shows.  I'm guessing its picking a random org (or the last defined org) to associated the logged in user with.

Thanks,

Alejandro

• 2.  Re: Managing Apps on Behalf of an Org.
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 26, 2017 11:58 AM

Hello Alejandro

It is not possible for a user to part of multiple organisations, a feature requests already exists for the functionality you are discussing:-

https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235734791

Regards

Christopher Clark

CA Support

• 3.  Re: Managing Apps on Behalf of an Org.

Posted Apr 26, 2017 12:27 PM

Hello,

Thanks.  I did poke around but didn't see that one.

Is there a recommendation on how to handle this?  Is the only option to create separate "dummy" users?  I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious before I head down that path.

Thanks,

Alejandro

• 4.  Re: Managing Apps on Behalf of an Org.

Posted Apr 27, 2017 04:22 AM

Hello Alejandro

I'm not aware of another way of achieving this without 'dummy' users, the design presumes that org admins are from the organisation itself.   I'll review this thread to see if anybody else has additional input though. 

Regards

Christopher Clark

CA Support