AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Need ability to schedule execute and monitor SAP Business Objects 4.2 SP3 Via CA/WA/DE any input would be great.

• 1.  Need ability to schedule execute and monitor SAP Business Objects 4.2 SP3 Via CA/WA/DE any input would be great.

Posted Apr 26, 2017 10:21 AM

Our environment is SAP/HANA/BW

Scheduling jobs based on trigger events

March 9, 2015 by: David Lai

Being able to schedule a job based on a trigger event is a very important feature in SAP BusinessObjects.

For example, let’s say we have a report that is refreshed daily based on data updated by a daily ETL process. We only want the report to be refreshed if the ETL process completes successfully.

There are 2 ways of creating a trigger event. You can either create a file trigger, where the ETL process drops a file into a network directory and the event trigger will sense that a file has been dropped. Or you can create a report trigger report.

I like using the latter method as you do not need to worry about setting any extra network directory settings. For those of you working in large institutions, I’m sure you will agree on the amount of effort and time it takes to get any sort of extra network access approved.

Outlined below is the steps on creating a report based trigger that will check if an ETL process has completed successfully, then give the dependent scheduled job the go ahead to refresh the report.

• 2.  Re: Need ability to schedule execute and monitor SAP Business Objects 4.2 SP3 Via CA/WA/DE any input would be great.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2017 12:27 PM

Hello Glenn,

I've moved this discussion to the Workload Automation Community (CA Automation community is for CA Server Automation). As for the discussion itself, it looks like you already have the details and were going to share them - but I don't see them anywhere. If you do have the details and share them then this can probably be changed from a Discussion to a Document. But that is just my 2 cents without seeing the rest of the content. 

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
    Gregg