Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Hello- what would be the recommended route to integrate mattermost and CA Agile Central? I don't see anything in Zapier however there are obviously APIs for both Agile Central and mattermost. Curious if anyone has had any luck. Thanks!

• 1.  Hello- what would be the recommended route to integrate mattermost and CA Agile Central? I don't see anything in Zapier however there are obviously APIs for both Agile Central and mattermost. Curious if anyone has had any luck. Thanks!

Posted Apr 26, 2017 02:47 PM

mattermost chat channel and CA Agile Central integration

• 2.  Re: Hello- what would be the recommended route to integrate mattermost and CA Agile Central? I don't see anything in Zapier however there are obviously APIs for both Agile Central and mattermost. Curious if anyone has had any luck. Thanks!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2017 06:49 PM

Hi! What would you want to get out of a Mattermost integration? That should help determine what options are available.

• 3.  Re: Hello- what would be the recommended route to integrate mattermost and CA Agile Central? I don't see anything in Zapier however there are obviously APIs for both Agile Central and mattermost. Curious if anyone has had any luck. Thanks!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2017 04:06 PM

Hello again, just following up to see if you have more details about what you'd want a Mattermost integration to do in order to help see what's available.

• 4.  Re: Hello- what would be the recommended route to integrate mattermost and CA Agile Central? I don't see anything in Zapier however there are obviously APIs for both Agile Central and mattermost. Curious if anyone has had any luck. Thanks!

Posted Feb 09, 2018 11:48 AM

Hi William,

I can't speak for the OP, but where I see value in an integration is to be able to refer to epics, features, user stories, and/or tasks within Mattermost.  The integration could pull summary information for the referenced object, and allow the user to click through to the detailed information within CA Agile Central.  Another integration possibility is to show specific status changes for an object such as being moved to completed or blocked; we do something similar for our source control, builds, and deployments.  Our current integrations for Git, Jenkins, etc. are available as standard offerings within Mattermost.

Thanks,

Jeremy

#askaquestiongetananswer

• 5.  Re: Hello- what would be the recommended route to integrate mattermost and CA Agile Central? I don't see anything in Zapier however there are obviously APIs for both Agile Central and mattermost. Curious if anyone has had any luck. Thanks!

Posted Feb 09, 2018 11:55 AM

As the OP mentioned, Zapier can be used to integrate with Mattermost.  Almost all of the project management apps are available to integrate with Zapier outside of CA Agile Central.  You can check here: Top Project Management Apps & Software | Zapier