Rally Software

• 1.  web api how to set active workspace

Posted Apr 26, 2017 03:06 PM

I'm using the CA Agile Central Web Services API and a custom internal website to build reports based on extracted Rally Stories and Defects.  I would like to display the logged in users active CA Rally workspace in the top corner of the website (just is displayed at https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/doc/webservice/  ), but can't find anywhere in the webservice page that shows how to get the "active" workspace?

Also, I'd like the user to be able to change the active workspace from this page... how can you set the active workspace using the webservice?

thanks

• 2.  Re: web api how to set active workspace

Posted Apr 27, 2017 06:19 PM

Hi Matthew,

Please see this knowledge base article, and also this one. This should help you understand how to get a users default workspace, and also how to set the workspace for your API request. You cannot run a query against the public API to see what a user currently has selected as the workspace in the UI, as that is stored internally. You can get or set context from an AppSDK application, but those run internally within CA Agile Central. Here is a KB that talks about context within an AppSDK app.

Thanks,

Sean Davis

• 3.  Re: web api how to set active workspace

Posted Apr 28, 2017 08:54 AM

Thanks Sean, I was aware of how to get the default workspace as well as specifying which workspace your query should be based on ....   sounds like I can't get the currently selected workspace and since this isn't an AppSDK app, I'm a bit out of luck ATM on setting active workspace. Thanks for the quick reply!