DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  ETC Deployment Question

Posted Apr 26, 2017 08:11 PM

Hey All,

Have a couple of questions regarding the deployment of an ETC. We have a situation where we have a provider that runs as a hybrid cluster as you may call it. It collects both Prod and Non-Prod Data. 

We are looking to deploy a separate Prod and Non-Prod ETC.

Is there any way for a provider to report to two masters? i.e. that one cluster with both Prod and Non-prod data report to both the Prod ETC and Non-Prod ETC? From what I can see the answer is no, but worth asking.

I'm also assuming that there is no way to connect a collector to an ETC? It is all based on team center integrations?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: ETC Deployment Question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2017 09:29 AM

So ETC - Enterprise Team Center - can have multiple MOM's connecting to it and also if you have a standalone EM, this is allowed.  They can report to the ETC.

Enterprise Team Center - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: ETC Deployment Question

Posted Apr 27, 2017 06:09 PM

Hey,

Sorry, to clarify, I was wondering whether a provider can report to multiple masters. So can a MOM/ATC connect to multiple Enterprise team centers?

• 4.  Re: ETC Deployment Question
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2017 09:04 AM

Thanks for clarifying that.  A MOM or standalone EM can only connect to one Enterprise Team Center.

Configure Enterprise Team Center - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

As per our documentation:

"The Master or the Provider can initiate the termination of the connection. A Provider can only connect to one Master."