Rally Software

• 1.  old iterations  make them no longer visible as an option without deleting them and losing the historical data?

Posted Apr 27, 2017 09:49 AM

I would like to make old iterations no longer visible in the dropdown menu when assigning iterations to user stories.   How do I do that?   I've looked at the docs.   Thanks.

• 2.  Re:  old iterations  make them no longer visible as an option without deleting them and losing the historical data?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2017 11:24 AM

If you update the State of the Iteration to "Accepted", it should no longer appear in the drop-down lists. However, I noticed an anomaly -- in the Quick Details View, the Iteration drop-down in this view still shows iterations that were Accepted. In the Full Details View, the drop-down list does not included Accepted iterations...

• 3.  Re:  old iterations  make them no longer visible as an option without deleting them and losing the historical data?

Posted Apr 27, 2017 11:46 AM

Yep, like Jim said, Accepted Iterations and Releases are hidden in drop-downs on editors so that work items can't be assigned to an accepted iteration. But, Accepted Iterations/Releases still appear in summary page drop-downs.