Rally Software

• 1.  Milestones changed what project(s) they are scoped to when a project's parent is changed

Posted Apr 28, 2017 11:23 AM

When a project is changed from one parent to another, why on Earth do any Milestones set up for that project default to then being available to all projects in the workspace with the move?!?  I know there is a warning this will happen, but it's very, very frustrating when we have hundreds of projects in a workspace and this happens.  If this works as designed, it needs to be changed as it seems to be a miss in how the tool behaves.  Then, when it happens, changing the project for each is extremely cumbersome and can't be done in bulk.

• 2.  Re: Milestones changed what project(s) they are scoped to when a project's parent is changed

Posted Apr 28, 2017 02:48 PM

Hi Jeff, completely agree.  We reported a defect around this last year and were told it is "working as designed".  There is an existing Idea to fix this: https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D4055 .  Please vote for this idea!

• 3.  Re: Milestones changed what project(s) they are scoped to when a project's parent is changed

Posted May 01, 2017 11:16 AM

The fix for this (with additional enhancements around project scoping) is already in beta and I'm testing it now in my subscription, so there's light at the end of the tunnel. Stay tuned!

• 4.  Re: Milestones changed what project(s) they are scoped to when a project's parent is changed

Posted May 01, 2017 12:01 PM

This is good news!  We hope it is a fix that keeps this (often times massive) rework from being necessary.