CA Service Management

• 1.  Problem Management: Action Items

Posted Apr 28, 2017 12:05 PM

Is there functionality available in CA SDM to track action items identified during root cause analysis? or do I need to use a separate Word document, SharePoint site or other solution? Anyone have a template?

• 2.  Re: Problem Management: Action Items

Posted Apr 28, 2017 01:06 PM

Hi Lars,

Typically you would create a change order to track future action items that stemmed from a problem/request/incident etc.  You could also track it outside of SDM, but most folks dont - they just use the change order functionality for that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Problem Management: Action Items

Posted Apr 28, 2017 03:05 PM

Not all of the action items require a change to the environment. Some of them are procedural or training items.

The CA work instructions for step 4.4.3 - 4 talks about updating the Problem record and the RCA (See below). What is the RCA? A Root Cause Analysis document attached to the Problem Record?

For example; 4.4.3 - 4: Close Problem Record.
    The Technical SME updates the Problem and RCA and notifies Problem Manager to review. etc.

• 4.  Re: Problem Management: Action Items

Posted May 22, 2017 01:04 PM

I would create a RESEARCH function log entry and start it with the words ACTION ITEM.

I had a reporting tool (Xtraction) which allowed me to extract Research Log entries for open Problems, that had the words Action Item.

I have since abandoned that and have started to use TASKS in Problems, which is a lot easier.

• 5.  Re: Problem Management: Action Items

Posted May 30, 2017 12:00 AM

I've created reports to identify it.