Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Managing API's in the Developer Portal

Posted Apr 28, 2017 03:36 PM

I am using API Developer Portal 3.5CR3. If I have 50 or hundreds of API's, then how can I manage all those Apis in the API Developer Portal on the documentation Portal.  As the documentation for the API's will increase and the developers will have a hard time for searching their specific API in the documentation Page.

• 2.  Re: Managing API's in the Developer Portal

Posted May 02, 2017 12:57 AM

Did you try using the search bar

• 3.  Re: Managing API's in the Developer Portal

Posted May 02, 2017 01:14 AM

Yes, i have tried using the search bar, it works fine. but the client needs a different approach for the list of APIs in the documentation Page.

• 4.  Re: Managing API's in the Developer Portal

Posted May 10, 2017 12:38 PM

Hi all, in addition to using our search functionality, you can also take another approach which is to grouping your APIs doc pages under a menu item within the Documentation section. To do so, via staging workspace, create a page under Documentation (e.g. GroupPage). Then, when you publish your API and upload your wadl enter in the "URI for interactive documentation" field the path that includes the menu in it, for example GroupPage/newAPI

The only restriction to the URI (aside from not using special characters) is to ensure that the parent page exists (created if doing this in staging, created and published if doing this in live). For more info on how to work with the cms, please refer to our help

• 5.  Re: Managing API's in the Developer Portal

Posted May 11, 2017 06:29 AM

I totally agree with you about the grouping of the wadl APIs.  
    But according to the customer, their requirement is as follows:-

when we click on the group of the APIs then only the APIs under that group should be seen not the other APIs which are from other group or other APIs.