DX NetOps

• 1.  spectrum not generating device has stopped responding to poll alarm

Posted May 01, 2017 10:26 AM

spectrum not generating device has stopped responding to poll alarm when device goes down. But showing the event (0*00010d35) regarding this device.

• 2.  Re: spectrum not generating device has stopped responding to poll alarm

Posted May 01, 2017 10:40 AM

Can you send a screen shot of the event from the Events tab?

Can you check the configuration of the 0x10d35 event in the Event Configuration editor?

Joe

• 3.  Re: spectrum not generating device has stopped responding to poll alarm

Posted May 03, 2017 10:08 AM

• 4.  Re: spectrum not generating device has stopped responding to poll alarm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2017 06:23 PM

Is the device a chassis based device? Did you see CHASSIS DOWN alarm instead?

In case of chassis based device, DEVICE HAS STOPPED RESPONDING TO POLLS alarm will be symptom alarm of the CHASSIS DOWN alarm. You didn't see symptom alarm as it is hidden by default in OneClick Console. Refer to below KD article for more details.

Chassis down alarm overruled "Device not responding to polls"/ContactLost_Red alarm 

If that is not the case then check $SPECROOT/custom/Events/EventDisp file. Do you have any event customization that relevant to 0x10d35?

• 5.  Re: spectrum not generating device has stopped responding to poll alarm

Posted May 02, 2017 03:02 AM

This is a server i.e discovered.  When server goes down.  Spectrum not generating host_device has stopped responding to poll alarm but generating event 10d35.

• 6.  Re: spectrum not generating device has stopped responding to poll alarm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 03, 2017 02:53 AM

Can you check $SPECROOT/custom/Events/EventDisp file? Do you have any event customization that relevant to 0x10d35?

• 7.  Re: spectrum not generating device has stopped responding to poll alarm

Posted May 03, 2017 05:01 AM

Yes,  i have event customization that relevant to 0x10d35. 

• 8.  Re: spectrum not generating device has stopped responding to poll alarm

Posted May 02, 2017 01:04 AM

This is a server i.e discovered.  When server goes down.  Spectrum not generating host_device has stopped responding to poll alarm but generating event 10d35.

• 9.  Re: spectrum not generating device has stopped responding to poll alarm
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 03, 2017 08:39 AM

Hi Deependra

If you have customization tied to  event 10d35, that customization may be causing unexpected results. Event 10d35 is a component  of Spectrum's Fault Isolation and changing from the default may cause undesired results. 

Please see the following TEC doc for more information: 

Spectrum Fault Isolation not suppressing or asserting alarms as expected. 

"RESOLUTION: Modifying the out of the box events may have undesirable results. The underlying Fault Isolation, Impact Analysis and Fault Suppression code is looking for specific events with specific conditions and specific probable cause codes in order to function properly. Changing any one of these from the default may have undesirable results."

If you remove the customization tied to event 10d35, do the alarms start working correctly? 

Regards

Jay 

• 10.  Re: spectrum not generating device has stopped responding to poll alarm

Posted May 03, 2017 04:18 PM

Thanks jay..... 

Thanks for supporting me... You resolved this issue....

• 11.  Re: spectrum not generating device has stopped responding to poll alarm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 03, 2017 04:31 PM

Great! I am glad the issue is resolved.