CA Service Management

• 1.  Default New Status field to Resolved on Update Status form

Posted May 01, 2017 04:37 PM

I have tried few ways to set the default "New status" dropdown field on update status page (request_status_change.htmpl)  to "Resolved" but to no luck, could anyone please point me in the right direction to achieve this requirement?

• 2.  Re: Default New Status field to Resolved on Update Status form

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2017 04:46 PM

The following document might be useful

How can I have the Change Status set to 'Open' by default? 

• 3.  Re: Default New Status field to Resolved on Update Status form

Posted May 01, 2017 04:53 PM

Paul...The customization steps from CA tech doc is relevant for setting new ticket status to desired status but in my requirement it is an existing ticket and when Analysts right-click on requests list > Update Status > New Status field should defaults to 'Resolved'.

• 4.  Re: Default New Status field to Resolved on Update Status form

Posted May 02, 2017 08:57 AM

I have already tried the following syntax besides clearing the browser cache but still defaults to same status as in Current Status field.

default="RE"

default="Resolved"

default="code='RE'"

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="New Status" attr=status default="Resolved" evt="onBlur=\\\"detailSyncEditForms(this);\\\" onChange=\\\"make_desc_required(this)\\\"" factory=crs_cr initial="!default_trans_code!" lookup="no">

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="New Status" attr=status default="Resolved" evt="onBlur=\\\"detailSyncEditForms(this);\\\" onChange=\\\"make_desc_required(this)\\\"" factory=crs_cr initial="!def_code!" lookup="no">

• 5.  Re: Default New Status field to Resolved on Update Status form

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2017 12:13 PM

Have you tried setting initial="RE" within the PDM_MACRO code?

• 6.  Re: Default New Status field to Resolved on Update Status form

Posted May 02, 2017 03:47 PM

Paul...Is it possible to apply this change only on Update Status form?

Just realized that we have customized Log Comment, Solution and Research activity forms to include the same Old and New Status drop down fields. With initial="RE" change, the New Status field is now set to Resolved by default on all forms.

• 7.  Re: Default New Status field to Resolved on Update Status form

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2017 07:21 PM

Probably has to do with the 'factory=crs_cr initial' code.  

I am not sure how to update the factory code.  Maybe someone else has an idea.

• 8.  Re: Default New Status field to Resolved on Update Status form

Posted May 03, 2017 06:00 AM

factory is crs_cr no need for any change there.

!def_code!  and/or !def_trans_code! represent the status that is set as default in your status table or in your transition from the current status

Just overwrite the initial with your own in the respective section depending if you use transition or not

initial="RE"

my 2 cents

/J 

• 9.  Re: Default New Status field to Resolved on Update Status form
    Best Answer

Posted May 03, 2017 06:02 AM

Hi Vchini,

They use different forms to you must just apply in the necessary one or use pdm_if statement

/J