Clarity

• 1.  PMBOK Document Reports

Posted May 02, 2017 12:51 PM

I have been experimenting further with entering data into the PMBOK Documents (Project Charter, Scope Document, Quality Management, etc.). For those that haven't tried them yet, there is (and, anyone please correct me if I'm wrong) three preconditions for making use of the templates:

1. The 'Accelerator: PMBOK® Guide' needs to be installed,
    2. An Access Group like 'pbk_projectmgr' needs to be added to the user's privileges, and
    3. The 'PBK Project Flag' needs to be set to Yes for the given Project.

Having met these preconditions, and entering data into the PMBOK "Reports" (i.e. the Charter, Scope, Quality et al documents), I have been unable to locate any OOTB reports, in either the CrystalReports set or JasperSoft.

Could anyone tell me whether I am simply missing something, or are printable/sharable reports from the PMBOK data up to users to create?

• 2.  Re: PMBOK Document Reports

Posted May 16, 2017 05:02 AM

Hi,

If you are at 14.3 version and above then Crystal reports won't be available, however Jaspersoft OOTB report should be there. Please check PMO Accelerator Advanced Reporting Content - CA PPM - 15.1 - CA Technologies Documentation for reports. OOTB Reports are divided into following groups:

You might also like to check access defined in jasperserver, please go through Advanced Reporting Roles - CA PPM - 15.1 - CA Technologies Documentation for access definitions.

Regards,

Prashank Singh

• 3.  Re: PMBOK Document Reports

Posted May 16, 2017 01:13 PM

Thanks Prashank. I will have a look at these report descriptions. I believe that the Financial Resources on the Resources subpage of the Project Charter posts the dollar amount to the Project's Planned Cost when/once the Project is approved (and so this field will show on an OOTB report), but I haven't seen an OOTB report that displays the Charter, Description, Scope/Quality plans, etc. I am thinking that I will need to use my notes on the source table/attributes, verify that these are in the OOTB Investment/Project Domain, and build a custom report.

Cheers,

Will

• 4.  Re: PMBOK Document Reports

Posted May 16, 2017 11:50 PM

i agree, this seems to be a plan