Clarity

• 1.  sched.nikusl download file popup in Non IE Browser

Posted May 02, 2017 12:57 PM

Hi All,

We recently did manual uninstall of 1.2.1 ( supported in CA PPM 12.3 SP7) and installation  of Open Work Bench 2.1.2 supported in CA PPM 14.2 SP 11. Installation execution happened correctly and we also noticed the Corporate Library of view, Default User View and filters DO remain and function as expected. This is a great "plus", as I was expecting to have to instruct users re: how to manually restore the Corporate library. 

I do have an observation that is CHROME or Non IE Browser specific. This does not occur when using IE.

Using the Chrome browser, when I launch OWB from my Clarity project , OWB should launch. See screen shot 1

Screen Shot 1:

OWB however does not launch, instead it downloads a file named "sched.nikusl" to the download folder. See Screen Shot 2

Screen Shot 2

When I click this file, OWB launches correctly, I also right click and selected option "always open in this type" . Later next time when I opened in Chrome it is working fine and launching immediately.

How can I avoid the first time download file display and click and right click setting in other non IE browser. Is there any setting which we can mention in advance to avoid these extra steps?

Thanks,

Shal.

• 2.  Re: sched.nikusl download file popup in Non IE Browser

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2017 10:58 AM

As clicking on the nikusl file seems to work, this seems to be due to a filetype association setting from the browser.

See: https://communities.ca.com/message/241980264-re-clarity-to-msp-opening-issue?commentID=241980264#comment-241980264 

Hope this helps.