Clarity

• 1.  How to adjust task schedule based on dependencies?

Posted May 03, 2017 10:01 AM

Hello All!

I would like to use CA PPM ou Open Workbench to schedule my project tasks in a similar way I do using MS-Project. When working in MS-Project as long as I have set up all the task dependencies correctly I can change the start date od the first task and the sucessors tasks will be update accordingly. The closest I got to it in CA PPM/Workbench is the autoschedule feature, but I couldn't get to apply it only to one tast and its related tasks.

Anyone know a way to solve that problem?

Tnak you all!

• 2.  Re: How to adjust task schedule based on dependencies?

Posted May 03, 2017 03:11 PM

If you have your tasks in sequence you could try the work around described in

http://www.nbl.fi/~nbl3674/Howtos/Partial_Autoshcedule.pdf 

I had a recollection of "Autoschedule selected tasks" but do not see anything related to that in the latest documentation.

• 3.  Re: How to adjust task schedule based on dependencies?

Posted May 11, 2017 10:22 AM

Thank you Urmas!

It's not exactly what I want but it helps.

I also have been able to get a result very close to what I want using date restrictions. Instead of using the task start date I used a start date restriction and autoscheduled the project after . As long as all the activities have a restriction the only activities will be affected is the one which had an alteration in the start date restriction and the activities which are affected (dependencies). I believe it solves my problem.

Thank you again!