Clarity

• 1.  Pushing Unfilled Requirements Data to Resource Managers

Posted May 03, 2017 03:46 PM

Does anyone have a good solution to pushing/sending the data in the Unfilled Requirements Portlet under Resource Planning to Resource Managers? Is there an Ad Hoc Report or View that mirrors the Unfilled Requirements portlet?

Business Problem to Solve:

"As a Resource Manager, I want to have data (report, Ad Hoc view,e tc.) pushed to me so that I am able to see what Requirements, Roles are unfilled on my team/staff OBS.”

Our organization is just beginning the Resource Management implementation journey and trying to anticipate any data requests our RMs may have.

• 2.  Re: Pushing Unfilled Requirements Data to Resource Managers

Posted May 03, 2017 04:30 PM

Using Classic PPM there's an OOTB "Capacity vs Booking Status by Resource OBS" report that includes unfilled requirements by investment (doesn't break out by specific roles).  Could also filter the Unfilled Allocations and set as home page for daily/weekly checks.  My guess is that someone out there has created a workflow to notify RM's x-days prior to Role Requirement Start Date.  Use Action Items on the Investment's Collaboration Tab as part of your PPM process to request staffing (assuming you aren't using Requisitions).  Just a few thoughts...

As an fyi - 15.2 has new Resource Management UI which supports much more collaborative staffing between RM/PM/Team.  Includes a great collaboration/@mention feature that will enable the PM and RM to collaborate directly including notifications to @mentions. Single view containing both Unfilled Role Requirements along with the Staffing/Investments view by period.