CA Service Management

• 1.  Move "Spelling" button for spell check on tickets

Posted May 03, 2017 06:05 PM

I've been asked to look into moving the location of the "Spelling" button for spell check for the description field on tickets.

Instead of being on the top-left of the text box and next to the field header, is it possible to move it to the bottom left, underneath the text box?

Current location:

Desired location:

• 2.  Re: Move "Spelling" button for spell check on tickets

Posted May 04, 2017 08:05 AM

Hi Laura,

You should be able to do this in Web Screen Painter by editing the detail form for the ticket type you are using.  You can then save and publish the form.  For Requests, the form is detail_cr.htmpl, for Incidents, the form is detail_in.htmpl, for Change orders, the form is detail_chg.htmpl.

You can see more information about using Web Screen Painter in this section of the documentation: 

How to Modify the Web Interface using Web Screen Painter - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope this helps,

Thanks!

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Move "Spelling" button for spell check on tickets

Posted May 04, 2017 09:56 AM

Thanks for the response!

When I check for the spell check properties for the description box in Web Screen Painter, I just get the option to choose if I want to use spell check for a field, rather than determining where the button will appear in relation to the input box.

• 4.  Re: Move "Spelling" button for spell check on tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2017 05:03 PM

Hi Laura,

Is this still something that you are waiting on?  

thx

_R

• 5.  Re: Move "Spelling" button for spell check on tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2017 05:37 PM

Laura, SDM web pages use the PDM_MACRO with spellchk=yes  to add a spelling button RIGHT after the heading of

the field . As such, if you use the PDM_MACRO, there is no way you can do that. You could add a button after the text field but in that case, you would need to write your own script for the spell check, which is very challenging. Thanks _Chi