AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

EEM access policy - job name in uppercase

• 1.  EEM access policy - job name in uppercase

Posted May 03, 2017 09:45 PM

Hello,

Got an EEM access policy I'm trying set up, but it seems I've hit a wall.

Policy would consist of ensuring that all jobs that get created have their job names in uppercase.

I've have this filter in place:

Tried the 'equal' and 'like' operators. Nothing seems to work.

Anyone has an idea where I'm going wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Tom

• 2.  Re: EEM access policy - job name in uppercase
    Best Answer

Posted May 04, 2017 08:33 AM

Hi Tom,

What is the version of AE and EEM you are working on?

In EEM 12.51.4.16 and AE 11.3.6 SP5, I was able to achieve your requirement (ensuring that all jobs that get created have their job names in uppercase.) by setting up the as-job policy in the WorkloadAutomationAE application with the following:

WAAE jil command line fails when creating a new job with lowercase name but succeeds with uppercase name:

For jobs already defined with lowercase name before the EEM policy, autorep detail and definition look-up fails

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Chandru

• 3.  Re: EEM access policy - job name in uppercase

Posted May 04, 2017 08:39 AM

11.3 waae and the eem that came with had an issue that the groups were always read as lower case.

That has been fixed.

If you are having people go by regex and you only want upper case

You have to use  in the policy and turn on regex. Etc.

It’s a whole process. ☺

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 4.  Re: EEM access policy - job name in uppercase

Posted May 07, 2017 06:56 PM

Hello Chandru,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried your approach and it seems the moment you set this up for one policy (one app for example), all others (even the 'master' policies with access to everything) totally lose visibility on the jobs covered by that regex policy.

Did you encounter this issue?

Thanks,

Tom

• 5.  Re: EEM access policy - job name in uppercase

Posted May 07, 2017 07:15 PM

Hi Tom,

Yes, that is because I left the default "Identities". You need to fine tune it by picking identities (users, groups, DUGs) as per your requirement so that it does not apply to all which is the default.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Chandru

• 6.  Re: EEM access policy - job name in uppercase

Posted May 07, 2017 07:30 PM

The policy is fine tuned to one application:

But, the moment this is active, even the admin policy with full, unrestricted access to everything, loses visibility on the jobs covered by that 'uppercase' policy.

• 7.  Re: EEM access policy - job name in uppercase

Posted May 07, 2017 10:06 PM

Hi Tom,

I am wondering if the ^ is negating our regex pattern. Do you want the jobs to start with CDA? Or CDA is just the AutoSys instance name?

• 8.  Re: EEM access policy - job name in uppercase

Posted May 22, 2017 09:39 PM

Hello Chandru,

Sorry for the delay.

CDA is the Autosys instance name.

Thanks.

Tom

• 9.  Re: EEM access policy - job name in uppercase

Posted May 08, 2017 07:03 AM

Best match is probably turned on, which always causes issues.

And  make sure you have regex clicked for filter..

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 10.  Re: EEM access policy - job name in uppercase

Posted May 08, 2017 07:13 AM

I was able to login and look at the pictures in this post. These are all wrong., 

Tom

you need to choose filter regex

your original post was backwards

the left is the resource the middle should be regex the right side should be string .. 

you may want to look at my linked in or YouTube on string subtraction it will give insight into creating regex policies. 

Good luck. 

Steve C.

• 11.  Re: EEM access policy - job name in uppercase

Posted May 22, 2017 09:37 PM

Hello Steve,

Sorry for the delay.

I will take all the info that you provided and try to make it work on my end.

Thanks a lot!

Tom.