CA Service Management

• 1.  when copying a request I change the status automatically to assigning

Posted May 04, 2017 10:05 AM

As I do for servicedesk 12.9 when copying a request I change the status automatically to assigning

• 2.  Re: when copying a request I change the status automatically to assigning

Posted May 04, 2017 01:28 PM

Hi John Jairo Sierra Garcia,

I am not sure exactly what you are asking on this one.  Are you asking how to have the status changed automatically when you copy a request?

I dont believe that can be done because there is no point-triggers in the copy function to specify what certain fields should or should not be set to.

Jon I.

• 3.  Re:  when copying a request I change the status automatically to assigning

Posted May 04, 2017 01:50 PM

yes,   i  asking how to have the status changed automatically when you copy a request?

If I copy the case in closed I'm left in closed, the idea is to leave it in automatic assigning

• 4.  Re:  when copying a request I change the status automatically to assigning

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2017 03:16 PM

John,

When you copy a Request it should set the status to "Open" by default, a "Closed" ticket should create a "Closed" case when it's copied. Do you know if any customization has been done around this in the past?

As far as I know the functionality that copies the status may be defined in the spl code. I don't believe you can alter this by simply adjusting the htmpl form.

• 5.  Re:  when copying a request I change the status automatically to assigning

Posted May 04, 2017 03:17 PM

Hi,

you can predefine status for copied ticket in this way:

- make backup of this file: NX_ROOT\bopcfg\majic\tmplcopy_site.spl;

- open tmplcopy_site.spl using text editor (I prefer to use Notepad++) and find followed code:

cr::copy_cr_site(...) {

object old, new, alg, gl;
         old=argv[0];
         new=argv[1];
         alg=argv[2];
         gl=argv[3];

//logf(SIGNIFICANT, "cr::copy_cr_site old %s new %s alg %s gl %s",
         //     old.ref_num, new.ref_num, alg.persistent_id, gl);

return;
    }

- add followed line to this code and recycle the service to apply changes:

cr::copy_cr_site(...) {

object old, new, alg, gl;
         old=argv[0];
         new=argv[1];
         alg=argv[2];
         gl=argv[3];

// set new status as asgn
         new.status = "asgn";

//logf(SIGNIFICANT, "cr::copy_cr_site old %s new %s alg %s gl %s",
         //     old.ref_num, new.ref_num, alg.persistent_id, gl);

return;
    }

You can use any status code instead of "asgn" depending on your requirements.

Regards,

cdtj