CA Service Management

• 1.  SDM Slowness

Posted May 04, 2017 10:30 AM

Hi Team,

We have recently upgraded r12.6 to r14.1.03.2, since few days we were facing Slowness issue in the SDM.

We had webservices running, reports running which we had rescheduled to a time when the load is very less. Now, the system works fine, but the SDM and dB utilization goes up at around 3:45 PM till 4:30 PM everyday.

I checked the dB activity monitor but I can see all the requests which are running, is from the SDM hostname and by the mdbadmin user. 

So, I just wanted to understand if there's a way to check which queries or which SDM process is querying the the dB so much during this time period.

We have rescheduled all the tasks which was running during the working hours. Its becoming very difficult to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: SDM Slowness

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2017 03:24 PM

There's a command:

pdm_vdbinfo

This will show all queries currently in progress. One thing I would note is at the top it will show "Num Requests pending", if this number is fairly high, and continues to increase it's very possible you do not have enough dbagents configured in the environment. You can run the command every 5 minutes or so over a period of time to see if there's any sort of trend.

You can increase the agents by modifying the NX.env and finding: @NX_MAX_DBAGENT=

Out of the box in 14.1 it's only 6, you may be able to double or triple the amount based on your needs and system capabilities. 

If the number of pending doesn't appear to high, but you see the same queries taking a long time to complete, you may want to validate if something is getting hung up in the database itself.