AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help instrumenting webMethods Integration Server

Question asked by mparikh72 Champion on May 4, 2017
Latest reply on May 5, 2017 by Hallett_German

The documentation, at best, is terrible and doesn't even mention or talk about input of java args. That documentation for webMethods Integration server and webMethods Broker is in SERIOUS NEED OF AN IN-DEPTH REVIEW. Someone please have a look at that.

I already have a case (00735001) open but not getting anywhere so want to post my question here. I've instrumented webMethods Integration Server v9.5 with default java introscope agent v10.1. I am using a default agent and during the install process picked webMethods Integration Server.

Here is what the app server admin input the java args in the 'server.sh' file. 

CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:/apps/CA/IntroscopeAgent10.1/wMethodsIntgSrvAgent/wily/common/WebAppSupport.jar
export CLASSPATH

if [ `uname -s` = "HP-UX" ]; then
${JAVA_EXEC} -classpath ${IS_PROXY_JAR} com.wm.app.server.CustomServiceUpdater -isdir ${IS_DIR} -wrapperdir "${IS_DIR}/../profiles/IS/configuration" -binpath "${SHLIB_PATH}" -jvmargs "${JAVA_MEMSET} ${JAVA_OPTS}" -progargs $1#$2#$3#$4#$5#$6#$7#$8#$9
elif [ `uname -s` = "AIX" ]; then
${JAVA_EXEC} -classpath ${IS_PROXY_JAR} com.wm.app.server.CustomServiceUpdater -isdir ${IS_DIR} -wrapperdir "${IS_DIR}/../profiles/IS/configuration" -binpath "${LIBPATH}" -jvmargs "${JAVA_MEMSET} ${JAVA_OPTS}" -progargs $1#$2#$3#$4#$5#$6#$7#$8#$9
else
${JAVA_EXEC} -classpath ${IS_PROXY_JAR} -javaagent:/apps/CA/IntroscopeAgent10.1/wMethodsIntgSrvAgent/wily/Agent.jar -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=/apps/CA/IntroscopeAgent10.1/wMethodsIntgSrvAgent/wily/core/config/IntroscopeAgent_TST_ESP_wMIS1.profile com.wm.app.server.CustomServiceUpdater -isdir ${IS_DIR} -wrapperdir "${IS_DIR}/../profiles/IS/configuration" -binpath "${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}" -jvmargs "${JAVA_MEMSET} ${JAVA_OPTS}" -progargs $1#$2#$3#$4#$5#$6#$7#$8#$9
fi

I am also attaching logs for anyone who wants to review. I will also go ahead and attache the "server.sh" file. Currently the logfile is empty and the wMIS starts up just fine but with some error logs. 

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers

Manish

Attachments

Outcomes