Symantec IGA

• 1.  How to disable password expiration or set expiration to a very distant date?

Posted May 04, 2017 03:17 PM
      |   view attached

Hello, all.

We wish to disable password expiration for our users in CA Identity Manager. We have a password policy that has the following settings - Please see attachment for a screenshot of the password expiration section

1. Password expires if not changed  - after 0 days

2. Password expires from inactivity  - after 0 days

We hope that these settings would never expire our users. However, we keep getting complaints that their passwords are getting expired too soon and too often.

Please advise how we can disable password expiration via IM.

Thank you so much in advance.

• 2.  Re: How to disable password expiration or set expiration to a very distant date?
    Best Answer

Posted May 09, 2017 10:39 AM

What I've seen people in this scenario do is to set the expiration days attributes to 10000, as this would be over 27 years before the password expires.

W.

• 3.  Re: How to disable password expiration or set expiration to a very distant date?

Posted May 09, 2017 02:06 PM

Thank you, William.

We will give that a try.

• 4.  Re: How to disable password expiration or set expiration to a very distant date?

Posted Aug 10, 2017 01:17 PM

@william.k.lee

After setting the expiration days to 10000, we have been getting this prompt. It has become annoying to our users that they want the prompt to go away.

This prompt happens even after I just change an account's password. It keeps prompting this message every time I log in the CA IM with the password that just gets changed if I select cancel. What do I suppress this prompt? 

Thanks.